5 people dead in eastern Ky. blaze
PIKEVILLE, Ky. (AP) - January 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- One adult and four children were killed in an overnight fire in eastern Kentucky.
Pike County Coroner Russell Roberts confirmed the deaths to The Associated Press on Wednesday morning. Roberts said he could not give the ages of the people killed.
Fire officials told WYMT-TV the fire began just after 2:30 a.m. Wednesday in the Jonancy community of Pike County.
Pike County Emergency Management Coordinator Doug Tackett says the fire happened in a rural area of Pike County, about three hours southeast of Lexington in the eastern coal field area of the state.
Four children were also killed late Tuesday night in a fire at a duplex outside Atlanta. A fifth child was saved when his mother threw him from window to escape the fire in Conyers, Ga.
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act 56 min ago