5 people dead in eastern Ky. blaze
PIKEVILLE, Ky. (AP) - January 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- One adult and four children were killed in an overnight fire in eastern Kentucky.
Pike County Coroner Russell Roberts confirmed the deaths to The Associated Press on Wednesday morning. Roberts said he could not give the ages of the people killed.
Fire officials told WYMT-TV the fire began just after 2:30 a.m. Wednesday in the Jonancy community of Pike County.
Pike County Emergency Management Coordinator Doug Tackett says the fire happened in a rural area of Pike County, about three hours southeast of Lexington in the eastern coal field area of the state.
Four children were also killed late Tuesday night in a fire at a duplex outside Atlanta. A fifth child was saved when his mother threw him from window to escape the fire in Conyers, Ga.
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 25 min ago
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor 4 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game 20 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
25 min ago
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor
4 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos