Minn. man accused of dismembering wife with saw
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - January 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a St. Paul man shot his wife in the head, sawed her into pieces in the shower, then hid her remains in plastic bins in his friend's garage.
Thirty-four-year-old Steven Roger Johnson is charged with second-degree murder in the death of 32-year-old Manya Jewel Johnson. The criminal complaint says Steven Johnson admitted he shot his wife Sunday after she said she was leaving him and taking their son.
The complaint says Johnson used a saw to dismember her body in the shower and put her in several plastic bins. The complaint says he cleaned his home and took the bins to a friend's garage. He later told the friend what he did.
Johnson is in custody and unavailable for comment. It's not clear if he has an attorney.
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 51 min ago
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Autopsy results released in death of Pa. Trooper's wife 5 min ago
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber