3 Americans, 3 others die in Philippine hotel fire
MANILA, Philippines (AP) - January 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philippine authorities say a fire swept through three adjacent hotels, killing three American retirees, one South Korean and two Filipino women.
Disaster response official Angelito Layug said one of the Americans was trapped on a staircase and the two others died in their rooms early Friday in Olongapo city, a former U.S. naval base west of the capital, Manila.
The blaze hit the small hotel buildings that are located next to each other at 3 a.m. and was put out three hours later.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
philippines, fire, national/world
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings 59 min ago
- Showers, thunderstorms today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment 20 min ago
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief 22 min ago
- 2 injured in crash on I-95 near Cottman in Tacony 55 min ago
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recovery
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Finding the perfect bra
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
59 min ago