3 Americans, 3 others die in Philippine hotel fire
MANILA, Philippines (AP) - January 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philippine authorities say a fire swept through three adjacent hotels, killing three American retirees, one South Korean and two Filipino women.
Disaster response official Angelito Layug said one of the Americans was trapped on a staircase and the two others died in their rooms early Friday in Olongapo city, a former U.S. naval base west of the capital, Manila.
The blaze hit the small hotel buildings that are located next to each other at 3 a.m. and was put out three hours later.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
philippines, fire, national/world
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 36 min ago
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche 55 min ago
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business 1 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry 21 min ago
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in Olney
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Twins escape carjacker by yelling, hitting...
4 min ago