3 Americans, 3 others die in Philippine hotel fire
MANILA, Philippines (AP) - January 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philippine authorities say a fire swept through three adjacent hotels, killing three American retirees, one South Korean and two Filipino women.
Disaster response official Angelito Layug said one of the Americans was trapped on a staircase and the two others died in their rooms early Friday in Olongapo city, a former U.S. naval base west of the capital, Manila.
The blaze hit the small hotel buildings that are located next to each other at 3 a.m. and was put out three hours later.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
philippines, fire, national/world
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 43 min ago
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd 10 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 13 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball