3 men hurt in blast that levels North Texas house
LEWISVILLE, Texas (AP) - January 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- At least three men have been hurt in an explosion that destroyed a home and scattered debris throughout a North Texas neighborhood.
Authorities are trying to determine what caused the blast Friday afternoon in Lewisville, about 20 miles northwest of Dallas.
Officials with natural gas provider Atmos Energy did not immediately return messages on whether repair crews had been working nearby before the blast.
A spokeswoman at Medical Center of Lewisville says three men brought to the hospital. Clemens did not immediately have details on their conditions.
Lewisville Fire Department officials did not immediately provide additional details. Firefighters were on the scene spraying water on the smoldering debris.
texas, explosion, national/world
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 22 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa 42 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom