Heathrow cancels 260 flights, blames snow
LONDON (AP) - January 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- London's Heathrow airport says it has cancelled 260 flight - or 20 percent of its usual schedule - because of snow and low visibility.
Sunday was the third day of flight disruptions at Heathrow, one of Europe's busiest airports, which has seen long lines and stranded passengers camped out on its terminal floors.
Airport operator said it had spent millions of pounds improving its ability to cope with icy weather conditions after the airport was virtually shut down by snow for several days in December 2010.
Forecasters say snow is expected to blanket Britain in the coming week.
london, england, snow, national/world
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 42 min ago
- Temps Soar 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
1 min ago
- Carolers to perform for cancer patient in...
43 min ago