Heathrow cancels 260 flights, blames snow
LONDON (AP) - January 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- London's Heathrow airport says it has cancelled 260 flight - or 20 percent of its usual schedule - because of snow and low visibility.
Sunday was the third day of flight disruptions at Heathrow, one of Europe's busiest airports, which has seen long lines and stranded passengers camped out on its terminal floors.
Airport operator said it had spent millions of pounds improving its ability to cope with icy weather conditions after the airport was virtually shut down by snow for several days in December 2010.
Forecasters say snow is expected to blanket Britain in the coming week.
london, england, snow, national/world
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino 8 min ago
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words 6 min ago
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians 5 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Mick Jagger's girlfriend found dead in NYC 24 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
36 min ago
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino
8 min ago