3 survive Conn. plane crash due to parachute
January 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Three people walked away from a small plane crash in Connecticut, thanks to an aircraft parachute.
The pilot deployed the safety net when the plane experienced engine trouble, and the parachute was able to bring it down slowly.
The Cirrus SR-20 hit some power lines along the way down, which caused one thousand area households to lose electricity.
connecticut, plane crash, national/world
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 52 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 52 min ago
- Jordan Brown murder case goes to Pa. high court 5 min ago
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County 29 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 21 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 47 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm