3 survive Conn. plane crash due to parachute
January 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Three people walked away from a small plane crash in Connecticut, thanks to an aircraft parachute.
The pilot deployed the safety net when the plane experienced engine trouble, and the parachute was able to bring it down slowly.
The Cirrus SR-20 hit some power lines along the way down, which caused one thousand area households to lose electricity.
connecticut, plane crash, national/world
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 6 min ago
- Milder Monday 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 6 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Milder Monday
39 min ago