3 survive Conn. plane crash due to parachute
January 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Three people walked away from a small plane crash in Connecticut, thanks to an aircraft parachute.
The pilot deployed the safety net when the plane experienced engine trouble, and the parachute was able to bring it down slowly.
The Cirrus SR-20 hit some power lines along the way down, which caused one thousand area households to lose electricity.
connecticut, plane crash, national/world
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 1 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend! 23 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 12 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting 17 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 28 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
23 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
1 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
12 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton...
17 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos