Crews battle huge warehouse fire in Chicago
CHICAGO - January 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Chicago firefighters were still trying to put out hot spots Wednesday at a huge warehouse fire in the city's Bridgeport section.
The fire broke out Tuesday night at 37th Street and Ashland Avenue.
Chicago Fire Department officials said it was the biggest fire the department has had to battle in years.
One-third of all Chicago firefighters were on the scene at one point or another trying to put out the flames.
Firefighters eventually did extinguish most of the fire after battling brutal conditions.
One firefighter slipped on some ice and hurt his back.
The injured firefighter was expected to be okay.
The investigation into what caused the fire will move forward Wednesday.
fire, chicago, illinois, national/world
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 16 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- SW Phila. shootings possibly connected to bar fight 25 min ago
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution' 15 min ago
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Vatican insists that no papal exorcism took place
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc