Wounded suspect booked in connection with campus gunfire
HOUSTON (AP) - January 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- One of the people hospitalized after yesterday's shooting on a Texas community college campus has been booked on two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
Sheriff's officials say Carlton Berry will be arraigned tomorrow. His condition, and the condition of the other person believed to have been involved shooting, haven't been disclosed. A maintenance worker who was caught in the crossfire was also sent to a hospital.
The gunfire at Lone Star College prompted a lockdown and then an evacuation of the campus.
Authorities are offering no details on what prompted the shooting. They say one of the two people who were involved had a student ID.
The campus reopened late yesterday afternoon, and classes are resuming today.
houston, texas, school shooting, college, national/world
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos