Wounded suspect booked in connection with campus gunfire
HOUSTON (AP) - January 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- One of the people hospitalized after yesterday's shooting on a Texas community college campus has been booked on two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
Sheriff's officials say Carlton Berry will be arraigned tomorrow. His condition, and the condition of the other person believed to have been involved shooting, haven't been disclosed. A maintenance worker who was caught in the crossfire was also sent to a hospital.
The gunfire at Lone Star College prompted a lockdown and then an evacuation of the campus.
Authorities are offering no details on what prompted the shooting. They say one of the two people who were involved had a student ID.
The campus reopened late yesterday afternoon, and classes are resuming today.
houston, texas, school shooting, college, national/world
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station