Wounded suspect booked in connection with campus gunfire
HOUSTON (AP) - January 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- One of the people hospitalized after yesterday's shooting on a Texas community college campus has been booked on two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
Sheriff's officials say Carlton Berry will be arraigned tomorrow. His condition, and the condition of the other person believed to have been involved shooting, haven't been disclosed. A maintenance worker who was caught in the crossfire was also sent to a hospital.
The gunfire at Lone Star College prompted a lockdown and then an evacuation of the campus.
Authorities are offering no details on what prompted the shooting. They say one of the two people who were involved had a student ID.
The campus reopened late yesterday afternoon, and classes are resuming today.
houston, texas, school shooting, college, national/world
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Steamy Situation 38 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep 41 min ago
- Young and Howard lift Phillies over Marlins
- Video: Philly's new skateboard park opens 45 min ago
- Kellie Pickler named new DWTS champ 26 min ago