Police: Dad forgets baby in car on cold day
COLONIE, N.Y. (AP) - January 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a New York man who left his 1-year-old son in his car for eight hours in frigid weather only realized his mistake after a call from his wife.
Police in the Albany suburb of Colonie say the man forgot to drop off his son at day care and left the child strapped in the back seat of the car when he parked outside his office Thursday morning.
Officials say the man received a call from his wife at about 4 p.m. inquiring about their child. He called for an ambulance and the boy was checked out at a hospital and released. Police say the baby didn't suffer any injuries despite temperatures that didn't top 15 degrees.
Police said Friday they haven't determined if the father would be charged.
new york, children, national/world
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine! 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 6 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 18 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 56 min ago
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 47 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst 50 min ago
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Enjoy the Easter sunshine!
28 min ago