Abortion opponents march in Washington
WASHINGTON - January 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- Abortion opponents marched in Washington Friday, in a demonstration that coincides with the landmark U.S. Supreme Court decision that created a constitutional, nationwide right to abortion.
Thousands attended the noon Friday rally on the National Mall and in front of the Supreme Court.
The event featured former Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum.
Reps. Chris Smith of New Jersey and Diane Black of Tennessee were also scheduled speakers.
This year marks the 40th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade decision, which legalized abortion.
Earlier this week, opponents marked the anniversary with workshops, prayers and calls for more limits on abortion rights.
abortion, protest, washington, d.c., national/world
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville 25 min ago
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight 30 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states 22 min ago
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing 46 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
- Search for missing college student from...
25 min ago
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit...
22 min ago
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA...
46 min ago
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
30 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos