Ex-NASCAR driver leads police on 2-state chase
ST. GEORGE, Utah (AP) - February 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man who led authorities on a chase in Nevada and Utah is a former NASCAR driver.
The Spectrum of St. George reports that police stopped Timothy Tyler Andrew Walker on Wednesday in southern Utah following a chase that began in Nevada. Authorities say Walker had marijuana, pills and open containers of alcohol in his luxury BMW sedan.
They also arrested a female passenger.
Walker competed in 28 NASCAR races before the association suspended him in 2007 for violating its drug policy. He drove in 19 NASCAR Nationwide series and nine Camping World Truck Series races during his career.
Walker stopped the black BMW after he drove over spike strips on the road, then ran away before being arrested.
police chase, nevada, utah, nascar, national/world
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash 11 min ago
- Wintry Weekend 49 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Wintry Weekend
49 min ago