Pittsburgh girl, 6, crashes car in bid to see dad
PITTSBURGH (AP) - February 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Pittsburgh police say a determined 6-year-old girl didn't hurt anyone when she crashed her mother's car while trying to drive across town to visit her father.
Police haven't released the name of the girl whose mother was reportedly still sleeping when the girl took the woman's car keys about 9 a.m. Sunday.
Police Sgt. Jerry Parker tells reporters the little girl is tall for her age, but adds: "How she knew how to operate a car, your guess is as good as mine."
Police say the girl hit two parked vehicles, pushing one of them into a third, before hitting a utility pole.
Police and the girl's father arrived to take her home after the accident.
Police are still investigating but haven't said if anyone will face charges.
pennsylvania, pittsburgh, national/world
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 58 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 15 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Saving with 6abc: Bridal savings 7 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 24 min ago
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 27 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
27 min ago