Pittsburgh girl, 6, crashes car in bid to see dad
PITTSBURGH (AP) - February 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Pittsburgh police say a determined 6-year-old girl didn't hurt anyone when she crashed her mother's car while trying to drive across town to visit her father.
Police haven't released the name of the girl whose mother was reportedly still sleeping when the girl took the woman's car keys about 9 a.m. Sunday.
Police Sgt. Jerry Parker tells reporters the little girl is tall for her age, but adds: "How she knew how to operate a car, your guess is as good as mine."
Police say the girl hit two parked vehicles, pushing one of them into a third, before hitting a utility pole.
Police and the girl's father arrived to take her home after the accident.
Police are still investigating but haven't said if anyone will face charges.
pennsylvania, pittsburgh, national/world
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 46 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case 35 min ago
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia