Husband of NYC woman found dead: Haven't told kids
NEW YORK (AP) - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- The husband of a New York City woman found dead in Turkey says he hasn't had the strength to tell his children their mother is gone.
Steven Sierra spoke by telephone from Istanbul Monday on ABC-TV's "Good Morning America." He called Sarai Sierra an amazing and caring person and a loving mother to their 9- and 11-year-old sons.
She was on a solo vacation in Istanbul when she disappeared Jan. 21. Her body was found 12 days later near the remnants of the city's ancient walls. Police say she had suffered a fatal blow to the head.
Her husband traveled there last week to help in the search. He intends to accompany her body back to New York.
new york city, turkey, national/world
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse 28 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse
28 min ago