Husband of NYC woman found dead: Haven't told kids
NEW YORK (AP) - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- The husband of a New York City woman found dead in Turkey says he hasn't had the strength to tell his children their mother is gone.
Steven Sierra spoke by telephone from Istanbul Monday on ABC-TV's "Good Morning America." He called Sarai Sierra an amazing and caring person and a loving mother to their 9- and 11-year-old sons.
She was on a solo vacation in Istanbul when she disappeared Jan. 21. Her body was found 12 days later near the remnants of the city's ancient walls. Police say she had suffered a fatal blow to the head.
Her husband traveled there last week to help in the search. He intends to accompany her body back to New York.
new york city, turkey, national/world
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney 12 min ago
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware 12 min ago
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- NJ man claims share of $198M Mega Millions jackpot
- Kick off to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore 9 min ago