1 dead as truck crashes, dangles over I-95 in Fla
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - February 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Rescue crews used an elevated ladder to reach a bakery truck dangling precariously over the edge of an elevated overpass ramp after a fatal crash.
Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue spokesman Matt Little says one passenger died when the truck crashed early Wednesday on the ramp leading from a state road to Interstate 95.
The truck, bearing a sign for a Miami bakery, came to rest halfway off the ramp with its front end crumpled into a pillar. Rescue crews worked for hours to remove the passenger. A crane later pulled the truck off the side of ramp.
The driver, whose condition wasn't immediately known, was taken to a hospital.
The crash backed up traffic on both routes during the morning rush hour.
florida, accident, national/world
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver killed in collision with Taxi Cab in Olney 13 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Clouds to sun, cool today
9 min ago