1 dead as truck crashes, dangles over I-95 in Fla
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - February 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Rescue crews used an elevated ladder to reach a bakery truck dangling precariously over the edge of an elevated overpass ramp after a fatal crash.
Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue spokesman Matt Little says one passenger died when the truck crashed early Wednesday on the ramp leading from a state road to Interstate 95.
The truck, bearing a sign for a Miami bakery, came to rest halfway off the ramp with its front end crumpled into a pillar. Rescue crews worked for hours to remove the passenger. A crane later pulled the truck off the side of ramp.
The driver, whose condition wasn't immediately known, was taken to a hospital.
The crash backed up traffic on both routes during the morning rush hour.
florida, accident, national/world
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Computer outage delays travelers at Phila. Airport
- Father, son 'pimps' acquitted after prostitutes testify 32 min ago
- Suspect robs Philadelphia Dunkin' Donuts at gunpoint 7 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Philly deputy mayor: City not liable for demo sites
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- Rollings Stones review: How old is too old? 22 min ago