1 dead as truck crashes, dangles over I-95 in Fla
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - February 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Rescue crews used an elevated ladder to reach a bakery truck dangling precariously over the edge of an elevated overpass ramp after a fatal crash.
Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue spokesman Matt Little says one passenger died when the truck crashed early Wednesday on the ramp leading from a state road to Interstate 95.
The truck, bearing a sign for a Miami bakery, came to rest halfway off the ramp with its front end crumpled into a pillar. Rescue crews worked for hours to remove the passenger. A crane later pulled the truck off the side of ramp.
The driver, whose condition wasn't immediately known, was taken to a hospital.
The crash backed up traffic on both routes during the morning rush hour.
florida, accident, national/world
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Study: Child an hour injured on high chairs
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition