Neb. mother gets more time for prostituting girls
KEARNEY, Neb. (AP) - February 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Nebraska woman accused of prostituting her 7- and 14-year-old daughters has been given up to 20 more years in prison.
The Hastings Tribune says the 36-year-old was sentenced earlier this week in Furnas County District Court to 12 to 20 years for conspiracy to commit a felony.
The woman already had been sentenced in Buffalo County to 80 to 90 years in prison. She'd pleaded no contest and was convicted of conspiracy to commit child sexual assault and of two felony counts of child pornography possession.
The Associated Press is not using her name to protect the identity of the girls. The AP does not usually identify the victims of sex crimes.
The girls' mother has pleaded no contest to nine similar felony counts in Franklin County.
nebraska, prostitution, national/world
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ