Neb. mother gets more time for prostituting girls
KEARNEY, Neb. (AP) - February 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Nebraska woman accused of prostituting her 7- and 14-year-old daughters has been given up to 20 more years in prison.
The Hastings Tribune says the 36-year-old was sentenced earlier this week in Furnas County District Court to 12 to 20 years for conspiracy to commit a felony.
The woman already had been sentenced in Buffalo County to 80 to 90 years in prison. She'd pleaded no contest and was convicted of conspiracy to commit child sexual assault and of two felony counts of child pornography possession.
The Associated Press is not using her name to protect the identity of the girls. The AP does not usually identify the victims of sex crimes.
The girls' mother has pleaded no contest to nine similar felony counts in Franklin County.
nebraska, prostitution, national/world
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 36 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 8 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 27 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 57 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 59 min ago
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion 39 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster 49 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
2 min ago
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
36 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
27 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
57 min ago