Bush family emails, photos apparently hacked
HOUSTON (AP) - February 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A criminal investigation is under way after a hacker apparently accessed private photos and emails sent between members of the Bush family, including both former presidents.
The Houston Chronicle reports that a spokesman for former President George H.W. Bush declined to comment on a report on The Smoking Gun website detailing the alleged security breach.
Bush spokesman Jim McGrath told the Chronicle the matter is "under criminal investigation." McGrath did not immediately respond to messages seeking comment by The Associated Press early Friday.
The Smoking Gun says the hacker went by the online moniker "Guccifer," a word plastered across the leaked photos in translucent, neon blue print.
The website quotes "Guccifer" as describing himself as a veteran hacker who has long been in the government's sights.
george w bush, texas, national/world
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges 3 min ago
- Shower In Spots 39 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing 41 min ago
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze 28 min ago
- Witnesses: Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape...
3 min ago
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point...
28 min ago
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make...
41 min ago
- Shower In Spots
39 min ago