Woman returns to stand in Ariz. boyfriend slaying
PHOENIX (AP) - February 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman charged in the stabbing and shooting death of her lover in Arizona is set to continue testifying for a fifth day.
Jodi Arias faces the death penalty if convicted of first-degree murder in the killing of Travis Alexander in June 2008. She resumes testimony Tuesday.
Arias sobbed as she described for jurors how Alexander abused her both mentally and physically, once kicking her in the ribs and breaking her finger.
His friends say she is lying.
She has testified in Phoenix about their volatile relationship and claims she killed Alexander in self-defense. Prosecutors say Arias killed him in a rage, stabbing and slashing him 27 times, slitting his throat and shooting him in the head.
Arias initially denied involvement in the killing before settling on self-defense.
trial, homicide, arizona, national/world
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 9 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 33 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
9 min ago