Cops: Man swallows cousin's ear lobe during fight
STAMFORD, Conn. (AP) - February 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Connecticut say a city man bit off his cousin's ear lobe and swallowed it during a fight over loud music.
Officers in Stamford charged 27-year-old Emilio Mendoza with first-degree assault and other crimes early Monday morning in connection with the attack on his cousin, 29-year-old Ruiz Clemente-Perez.
Clemente-Perez told police that he asked Mendoza to turn down his loud music because he had to work in the morning, but Mendoza started punching him in the head. During the brawl, Mendoza allegedly bit off part of Clemente-Perez's left ear and swallowed it.
Officers say Clemente-Perez was bleeding and missing part of his ear when they arrived. He also suffered a broken nose and fractured eye socket.
Mendoza is detained on $100,000 bail. It's unclear if he has a lawyer.
connecticut, fight, national/world
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp. 17 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 56 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co. 36 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
56 min ago