Passenger pronounced dead when plane lands in Utah
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - February 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- United Airlines officials say a passenger was pronounced dead shortly after a plane from Denver landed in Salt Lake City.
United Airlines spokeswoman Megan McCarthy says the man collapsed Sunday evening on the jetway leading to the terminal.
She says paramedics were called immediately.
But accounts of the event differ. Army Reserve medic and passenger Jared Noall told KSL) he and two others performed CPR on the man in the aisle of the plane until paramedics arrived.
The man, who the station says appeared to be in his 30s, was later pronounced dead.
Salt Lake City airport spokeswoman Barbara Gann declined to release the person's age, gender or name. She says airport police are looking into the situation.
utah, air travel, national/world
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
- Lots of clouds, damp today 22 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport
- Actress Bynes arrested in NYC on marijuana charge