Passenger pronounced dead when plane lands in Utah
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - February 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- United Airlines officials say a passenger was pronounced dead shortly after a plane from Denver landed in Salt Lake City.
United Airlines spokeswoman Megan McCarthy says the man collapsed Sunday evening on the jetway leading to the terminal.
She says paramedics were called immediately.
But accounts of the event differ. Army Reserve medic and passenger Jared Noall told KSL) he and two others performed CPR on the man in the aisle of the plane until paramedics arrived.
The man, who the station says appeared to be in his 30s, was later pronounced dead.
Salt Lake City airport spokeswoman Barbara Gann declined to release the person's age, gender or name. She says airport police are looking into the situation.
utah, air travel, national/world
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 25 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 6 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ