Tiger Woods joins vacationing Obama for golf round
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. (AP) - February 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- That was a big-time ringer in President Barack Obama's golfing group Sunday in Florida.
Tiger Woods joined the president at the Floridian, a secluded yacht and golf club on the state's Treasure Coast.
The White House says the group also included Jim Crane, the Houston businessman who owns the resort and baseball's Houston Astros, and U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk.
Obama is spending the long President's Day weekend at the Floridian and is expected to return to Washington on Monday. First lady Michelle Obama and daughters Malia and Sasha are on an annual ski vacation out West.
On Saturday, Obama got some instruction and played a few holes with Butch Harmon, Woods' former swing coach.
tiger woods, president barack obama, national/world
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 51 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids 6 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
51 min ago