Tiger Woods joins vacationing Obama for golf round
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. (AP) - February 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- That was a big-time ringer in President Barack Obama's golfing group Sunday in Florida.
Tiger Woods joined the president at the Floridian, a secluded yacht and golf club on the state's Treasure Coast.
The White House says the group also included Jim Crane, the Houston businessman who owns the resort and baseball's Houston Astros, and U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk.
Obama is spending the long President's Day weekend at the Floridian and is expected to return to Washington on Monday. First lady Michelle Obama and daughters Malia and Sasha are on an annual ski vacation out West.
On Saturday, Obama got some instruction and played a few holes with Butch Harmon, Woods' former swing coach.
tiger woods, president barack obama, national/world
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Soupy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Police: Driver under influence crashes into fire dept.
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr