Tiger Woods joins vacationing Obama for golf round
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. (AP) - February 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- That was a big-time ringer in President Barack Obama's golfing group Sunday in Florida.
Tiger Woods joined the president at the Floridian, a secluded yacht and golf club on the state's Treasure Coast.
The White House says the group also included Jim Crane, the Houston businessman who owns the resort and baseball's Houston Astros, and U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk.
Obama is spending the long President's Day weekend at the Floridian and is expected to return to Washington on Monday. First lady Michelle Obama and daughters Malia and Sasha are on an annual ski vacation out West.
On Saturday, Obama got some instruction and played a few holes with Butch Harmon, Woods' former swing coach.
tiger woods, president barack obama, national/world
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th 47 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 6 min ago
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos