Tiger Woods joins vacationing Obama for golf round
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. (AP) - February 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- That was a big-time ringer in President Barack Obama's golfing group Sunday in Florida.
Tiger Woods joined the president at the Floridian, a secluded yacht and golf club on the state's Treasure Coast.
The White House says the group also included Jim Crane, the Houston businessman who owns the resort and baseball's Houston Astros, and U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk.
Obama is spending the long President's Day weekend at the Floridian and is expected to return to Washington on Monday. First lady Michelle Obama and daughters Malia and Sasha are on an annual ski vacation out West.
On Saturday, Obama got some instruction and played a few holes with Butch Harmon, Woods' former swing coach.
tiger woods, president barack obama, national/world
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road 19 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler 1 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th 9 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft 2 min ago
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags
- Charges filed in alleged chop shop raid in N. Phila. 3 min ago
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
19 min ago
- Police question suspect in Christmas...
2 min ago