Father gave baby daughter bleach, police say
MARION COUNTY, Fla. - February 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say 2-month-old Caelynn Washington is recovering in a Gainesville hospital after a brush with death.
A Florida man is accused of child abuse, for allegedly putting bleach in his baby's bottle.
Police say, 20-year-old Carron Washington poisoned his daughter when he mixed a cap full of bleach with her formula and then fed it to her.
After drinking her bottle, Caelynn threw up and her parents panicked and called 911. .
Washington told police that he thought he was helping his sick daughter who had suffered from breathing problems since birth.
"It was a dumb decision on me. I heard someone else did it so I wanted to try to help her."
Washington's family says it was not intentional, "It wasn't a smart thing to do but Carron doesn't know, this is his first baby.
Washington faces a felony charge and if convicted, could get up to 10 years in prison and a 10-thousand-dollar fine.
children, child abuse, florida, national/world
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 55 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash 34 min ago
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
34 min ago