Texas woman delivers 2 sets of identical twins
HOUSTON (AP) - February 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Texas woman has beaten long odds in delivering two sets of identical twin boys.
The Houston Chronicle reports Tressa Montalvo delivered her sons on Thursday - Valentine's Day - at The Woman's Hospital of Texas.
It says the odds of giving such a birth naturally are one in 70 million.
The 36-year-old Montalvo delivered sons Ace and Blaine at 8:51 a.m. Ace weighed 3 pounds, 10 ounces, and Blaine weighed in at 3 pounds, 15 ounces. Sons Cash and Dylan arrived a minute later - Cash at 2 pounds, 15 ounces, and Dylan at 3 pounds, 6 ounces.
Montalvo says she and her 43-year-old husband, Manuel, planned the pregnancy but didn't use fertility drugs. In her words, "I guess we just succeeded a little too much."
texas, childbirth, national/world
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof. 13 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Man shot, killed on Kensington street 15 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- South Street area restaurants damaged, burglarized
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial 1 min ago
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela...
1 min ago