Texas woman delivers 2 sets of identical twins
HOUSTON (AP) - February 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Texas woman has beaten long odds in delivering two sets of identical twin boys.
The Houston Chronicle reports Tressa Montalvo delivered her sons on Thursday - Valentine's Day - at The Woman's Hospital of Texas.
It says the odds of giving such a birth naturally are one in 70 million.
The 36-year-old Montalvo delivered sons Ace and Blaine at 8:51 a.m. Ace weighed 3 pounds, 10 ounces, and Blaine weighed in at 3 pounds, 15 ounces. Sons Cash and Dylan arrived a minute later - Cash at 2 pounds, 15 ounces, and Dylan at 3 pounds, 6 ounces.
Montalvo says she and her 43-year-old husband, Manuel, planned the pregnancy but didn't use fertility drugs. In her words, "I guess we just succeeded a little too much."
texas, childbirth, national/world
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- AccuWeather: Damp and Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- NJ community joins forces to help 'storage locker' mom 9 min ago
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County 34 min ago
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar 8 min ago
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- Water main break forces evacuation of...
8 min ago