Body found on hood of car by toll taker
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) - February 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Argentine police say a drunk driver hit and killed a bicyclist, then carried his body more than 10 miles (16 kilometers) until stopping at a toll station.
Police tell the newspaper La Nacion that 28-year-old Pablo Daniel Garcia struck 53-year-old Reinaldo Rodas along the Pan-American Highway.
Rodas struck the car's windshield and was carried until the vehicle stopped at a toll station, where an attendant called police.
The newspaper says Garcia has been charged with reckless homicide. Rodas was a security guard at a country club. He is survived by his wife and 13-year-old son.
A police official reached by The Associated Press confirmed the paper's account of Monday's accident, but said he was not authorized to give his name, and had no additional details on Wednesday, a local holiday.
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 39 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 15 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 12 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 18 min ago
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 2 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
5 min ago
- 2 injured after vehicle hits sinkhole in...
41 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos