San Antonio man fatally stabbed with sword, police say
SAN ANTONIO (AP) - February 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- A San Antonio man is accused of using a sword to fatally stab a friend in the chest in an argument over a woman.
San Antonio police officer Matt Porter says Christopher Shows has been charged with murder in the killing early Tuesday at an apartment complex in the South Texas city.
Porter says the men had been drinking alcohol together and that the victim apparently made a pass at Shows' girlfriend.
He says the victim died at the scene and that the sword was recovered. The victim's name has not been released pending notification of the next of kin.
Porter says the 33-year-old Shows is being held on $200,000 bond. Police did not immediately have information on an attorney for Shows.
texas, stabbing, national/world
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler! 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
15 min ago