Kissinger in NYC hospital after fall at home
NEW YORK (AP) - March 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger has been admitted to a New York City hospital for observation after a fall in his home.
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital says in a statement that Kissinger entered the hospital on Tuesday.
The hospital says the 89-year-old ex-diplomat was expected to be discharged later in the day. It declined to say how he fell or what his injuries were.
Kissinger served under presidents Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford. He was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1973 and the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1977.
new york city, national/world
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Record Warmth! 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Several cars vandalized in South Philadelphia 2 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Record Warmth!
58 min ago