Poll worker shot outside LA elementary school
LOS ANGELES (AP) - March 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- A poll worker has been shot outside a Los Angeles elementary school in what police are describing as a domestic dispute.
Officer Bruce Borihanh says the man, in his mid-30s, suffered a non-life threatening gunshot wound at about 9:40 a.m. Tuesday at the 92nd Street Elementary School. He is hospitalized in stable condition.
Borihanh says the alleged shooter is the victim's girlfriend and the couple had been arguing. Her identity is known and she is being sought by officers.
The school was not locked down.
Los Angeles residents are voting in a mayoral primary and deciding a number of other city offices.
los angeles, shooting, national/world
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado 49 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 25-year-old man shot dead in North Philadelphia 20 min ago
- Teen shot multiple times in Feltonville
- Pa. primary will settle municipal, judicial, races 41 min ago
- NJ ex-priest arrested after working with kids
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
49 min ago