Poll worker shot outside LA elementary school
LOS ANGELES (AP) - March 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- A poll worker has been shot outside a Los Angeles elementary school in what police are describing as a domestic dispute.
Officer Bruce Borihanh says the man, in his mid-30s, suffered a non-life threatening gunshot wound at about 9:40 a.m. Tuesday at the 92nd Street Elementary School. He is hospitalized in stable condition.
Borihanh says the alleged shooter is the victim's girlfriend and the couple had been arguing. Her identity is known and she is being sought by officers.
The school was not locked down.
Los Angeles residents are voting in a mayoral primary and deciding a number of other city offices.
los angeles, shooting, national/world
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 45 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 54 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Fairy Godmothers make prom dreams come true
18 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
45 min ago
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
54 min ago