Boy dies after pit bull attack in Wisconsin
TOWN OF WALWORTH, Wis. (AP) - March 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a young boy has died after he was attacked by a couple of pit bulls in southeastern Wisconsin.
According to the Walworth County sheriff's office, the county coroner's office confirmed that the boy died of his injuries at a Milwaukee area hospital about 3:30 p.m. Wednesday.
The sheriff's office got a 911 call from a 30-year-old woman Wednesday saying she and a 14-month-old boy were being attacked by pit bulls.
The caller said she and the boy were being attacked by two pit bulls she owns in the Town of Walworth. The animals were removed and euthanized.
The woman said both she and the boy suffered multiple injuries. The boy was flown to a Milwaukee area hospital with critical injuries. His name was not released.
An investigation continues.
wisconsin, animal attacks, child death, national/world
- Suspects wanted for carjacking, abduction 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Macklemore, Lamar muscle into Grammy picture