2 jets bump on taxiway at NYC airport
NEW YORK (AP) - March 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two commercial jets have been damaged in the aviation equivalent of a fender-bender at New York's Kennedy airport.
Nobody was reported injured in the accident, which happened at around 6:15 a.m. Saturday.
A JetBlue spokesman says a plane carrying around 150 passengers bound for West Palm Beach, Fla., had become temporarily disabled due to a problem with its tow bar and was sitting near a gate when it was bumped by an Air India aircraft.
The JetBlue plane suffered some damage to its rudder.
Airline spokesman Alex Headrick says the passengers were loaded on to another plane. The departure was delayed at least 3 ½ hours.
Messages left for Air India officials in New York weren't immediately returned.
jet blue, plane crash, air travel, new york city, national/world
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 40 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
40 min ago