Man accused of killing grandparents in Washington
RENTON, Wash. (AP) - March 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man released from a Washington state prison Friday after serving time for robbery is suspected of killing his grandparents in the Seattle area and stealing their car, according to authorities who said the man is considered armed and dangerous.
Police are looking for Michael "Chad" Boysen, 26, calling him a suspect in the deaths of the 82-year-old man and 80-year-old woman Friday night or early Saturday at their home in the Fairwood area of Renton.
Boysen "is considered an extreme danger to the public and police," the King County sheriff's office said.
Detectives believe he's trying to find weapons. He had been searching the Internet for "gun shows" across the Northwest and Nevada, the sheriff's office said.
Boysen is 5-foot-10, 170 pounds with hazel eyes. He may be driving the red, 2001 Chrysler 300, Washington license 046XXU.
Boysen had been in prison since 2006 on three robbery convictions in King County, said Judy Feliciano with the Washington Department of Corrections. He was released Friday from the prison at Monroe and was supposed to check in with a community supervision officer within 24 hours, she said.
Investigators had no leads Monday, said sheriff's spokeswoman Sgt. Cindi West.
Autopsies were scheduled Monday on the victims and their names would be released later, the King County medical examiner's office said.
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 58 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del. 41 min ago
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark,...
41 min ago