Iowa school bus carrying 11 kids crashes into home
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - March 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- A school bus carrying 11 children has crashed into a house in central Iowa, though no injuries are being reported.
The crash happened Monday while the bus was on its way to Crestview Elementary school in West Des Moines.
Police say the bus veered off the road, went through several yards and hit a truck parked in a driveway before stopping when it crashed into the side of a home.
The Des Moines Register reports the home's garage door was torn off and a front wall had extensive damage. Police say the crash caused about $95,000 in property damage.
Lt. Jim Barrett says the investigation is ongoing but that charges are possible.
Police say slick roads, the result of about 2 inches of new snow, caused several accidents Monday.
iowa, school bus, accident, national/world
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 23 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 30 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 42 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 3 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 9 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Saving with 6abc: Bridal savings 22 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
42 min ago