Iowa school bus carrying 11 kids crashes into home
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - March 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- A school bus carrying 11 children has crashed into a house in central Iowa, though no injuries are being reported.
The crash happened Monday while the bus was on its way to Crestview Elementary school in West Des Moines.
Police say the bus veered off the road, went through several yards and hit a truck parked in a driveway before stopping when it crashed into the side of a home.
The Des Moines Register reports the home's garage door was torn off and a front wall had extensive damage. Police say the crash caused about $95,000 in property damage.
Lt. Jim Barrett says the investigation is ongoing but that charges are possible.
Police say slick roads, the result of about 2 inches of new snow, caused several accidents Monday.
iowa, school bus, accident, national/world
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault 1 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 29 min ago
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests