Iowa school bus carrying 11 kids crashes into home
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - March 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- A school bus carrying 11 children has crashed into a house in central Iowa, though no injuries are being reported.
The crash happened Monday while the bus was on its way to Crestview Elementary school in West Des Moines.
Police say the bus veered off the road, went through several yards and hit a truck parked in a driveway before stopping when it crashed into the side of a home.
The Des Moines Register reports the home's garage door was torn off and a front wall had extensive damage. Police say the crash caused about $95,000 in property damage.
Lt. Jim Barrett says the investigation is ongoing but that charges are possible.
Police say slick roads, the result of about 2 inches of new snow, caused several accidents Monday.
iowa, school bus, accident, national/world
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?