Screwdriver successfully removed from man's head (PHOTOS)
POLAND - March 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Polish doctors say a 25-year-old man has undergone a three-hour operation to remove a screwdriver lodged about five centimeters (two inches) into his head.
Dr. Jan Kochanowicz, one of the doctors who treated the man in the Polish city of Bialystok, said the man apparently fell and lost consciousness, but does not remember that.
When he regained consciousness he was at first aware only of pain in a hand before realizing something else was wrong. He walked to his car, looked in a mirror and noticed the screwdriver, penetrating his forehead just above his right eye.
Kochanowicz told the station TVN24 the man smoked a cigarette before calling a neighbor who got him to the hospital.
The screwdriver did not damage the man's eyes or brain.
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911 21 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
51 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos