Rodman backs black papal candidate in PR stunt
ROME (AP) - March 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- After raising eyebrows by going to North Korea, former U.S. basketball star Dennis Rodman is continuing his bizarre global tour by visiting Rome - purportedly to help Cardinal Peter Turkson of Ghana become the first black pope.
But Rodman didn't seem too sure who he was supposed to be promoting when asked about it Wednesday. "From Africa right?" Rodman asked, wearing a hat and T-shirt promoting the Irish betting firm that organized his trip.
Rodman said he was sure the next pope would be black and that he would like to meet him in Africa on his self-styled mission to promote world peace.
Even Rodman's plans to enter St. Peter's Square in a custom-built "pope-mobile" were uncertain Wednesday: The vehicle had been delayed by snow in northern Italy.
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted local schools 10 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!