Bus carrying Vt. college lacrosse team crashes in NY
CLIFTON PARK, N.Y. (AP) - March 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say one person is dead after an upstate New York wreck involving a bus carrying a college lacrosse team from Vermont.
Transportation officials say the accident happened just before noon Tuesday on Interstate 87 in Saratoga County, about 150 miles north of New York City.
State police say a person in one of two other vehicles involved has died. Police tell local media outlets the injuries on the bus were minor.
A trooper says the bus had 40 on board and was carrying men from St. Michael's College to a game in Westchester County outside New York City when a car spun out on the wet highway and hit the bus. The bus landed on its side off the road.
A mangled red car is in the median.
new york city, accident, national/world
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 51 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete 17 min ago
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
13 min ago