Suit alleges child ate condom found at McDonald's
CHICAGO (AP) - March 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- A lawsuit against McDonald's alleges a child ate a used condom he found in the play area of one of the chain's Chicago restaurants.
The suit was filed Wednesday on behalf of Anishi Spencer and her two sons, who were 3 and 2 years old at the time of the alleged incident in February 2012.
The mother alleges the 2-year-old coughed up a piece of the condom and that both children required medical treatment.
The suit accuses McDonald's of failing to remove harmful debris from an area used by children.
McDonald's said Thursday it was investigating. It added in a statement that "providing a safe, clean environment is a top priority."
The woman's attorney, Jeffrey Deutschman, says he tried for months to reach a settlement but got no response.
mcdonalds, lawsuit, chicago, national/world
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 38 min ago
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Teen wounded in Point Breeze shooting
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Protests overshadow Mayor's budget address
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
38 min ago