Suit alleges child ate condom found at McDonald's
CHICAGO (AP) - March 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- A lawsuit against McDonald's alleges a child ate a used condom he found in the play area of one of the chain's Chicago restaurants.
The suit was filed Wednesday on behalf of Anishi Spencer and her two sons, who were 3 and 2 years old at the time of the alleged incident in February 2012.
The mother alleges the 2-year-old coughed up a piece of the condom and that both children required medical treatment.
The suit accuses McDonald's of failing to remove harmful debris from an area used by children.
McDonald's said Thursday it was investigating. It added in a statement that "providing a safe, clean environment is a top priority."
The woman's attorney, Jeffrey Deutschman, says he tried for months to reach a settlement but got no response.
mcdonalds, lawsuit, chicago, national/world
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem 31 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 49 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden 8 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School 32 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
35 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos