LED screen falls at Fla. music fest site; 3 hurt
MIAMI (AP) - March 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Event organizers say a large LED screen being set up for the Ultra Music Festival collapsed in downtown Miami, injuring several people.
Fire rescue workers responded to Bayfront Park Thursday evening and took two victims to a nearby trauma center. An event spokeswoman says that the accident occurred during preparations for the festival.
Lt. Ignatius Carroll Jr., a Miami fire and rescue spokesman, said one worker was in critical condition, another serious. A third had minor injuries. Carroll said the LED screens were about 30 feet above the stage when one crashed down on the stage.
The annual outdoor electronic music festival is set to begin Friday and run over two weekends. Among those scheduled to perform are David Guetta, Swedish House Mafia, Deadmau5, Avicii and Snoop Lion, who was formerly known as Snoop Dogg.
collapse, florida, national/world
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 1 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
25 min ago