LED screen falls at Fla. music fest site; 3 hurt
MIAMI (AP) - March 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Event organizers say a large LED screen being set up for the Ultra Music Festival collapsed in downtown Miami, injuring several people.
Fire rescue workers responded to Bayfront Park Thursday evening and took two victims to a nearby trauma center. An event spokeswoman says that the accident occurred during preparations for the festival.
Lt. Ignatius Carroll Jr., a Miami fire and rescue spokesman, said one worker was in critical condition, another serious. A third had minor injuries. Carroll said the LED screens were about 30 feet above the stage when one crashed down on the stage.
The annual outdoor electronic music festival is set to begin Friday and run over two weekends. Among those scheduled to perform are David Guetta, Swedish House Mafia, Deadmau5, Avicii and Snoop Lion, who was formerly known as Snoop Dogg.
collapse, florida, national/world
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 51 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 38 min ago
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 40 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County 27 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery 42 min ago
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Remembering a wife/mother lost to cancer
53 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
38 min ago
- London theater partially collapses; 80...
51 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos