Oklahoma teens fatally shot in Texas home invasion
SHAWNEE, Okla. (AP) - March 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say two heavily armed Oklahoma teens have been killed while apparently trying to break into a North Texas home.
Pottawatomie County Undersheriff J.T. Palmer said Thursday that 17-year-old Kenneth Chaffin and 18-year-old Dillon King, of Bethel Acres, Okla., appeared to have died of self-inflicted gunshot wounds in Maypearl, Texas.
Pottawatomie County sheriff's officials issued a national alert early Wednesday saying Chaffin had stolen a pickup and run away from home Monday with 17 guns, thousands of rounds of ammunition and prescription medications.
Later that day, sheriff's officials in Ellis County, Texas, some 240 miles south of Bethel Acres, said a woman exchanged fire with two teenage boys who were trying to break into her Maypearl home. Palmer says those teens were Chaffin and King.
No one else was hurt.
oklahoma, texas, home invasion, shooting, national/world
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 33 min ago
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 55 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 25 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 52 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 16 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
33 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
25 min ago