98 arrested in union protest on Las Vegas Strip
LAS VEGAS (AP) - March 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Throngs of workers blocked traffic on the Las Vegas Strip in a demonstration against the Cosmopolitan casino that has ended with the arrest of nearly 100 protesters.
Tourists watched from an overpass across Las Vegas Boulevard on Wednesday as workers wearing red union shirts were led one-by-one into a large white police bus. Metro Police Captain Todd Fasulo says 98 protesters were arrested.
Workers have been in contract talks with Cosmopolitan Las Vegas owner Deutsche Bank for two years.
The Culinary Union earlier this year held two one-day pickets outside the casino, which is next to the Bellagio resort.
Cosmopolitan spokeswoman Amy Rossetti says management is continuing to negotiate with labor to "find a fair agreement."
las vegas, protest, national/world
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J. 3 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges 59 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in action 58 min ago
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees 35 min ago
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in...
58 min ago
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in...
3 min ago