98 arrested in union protest on Las Vegas Strip
LAS VEGAS (AP) - March 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Throngs of workers blocked traffic on the Las Vegas Strip in a demonstration against the Cosmopolitan casino that has ended with the arrest of nearly 100 protesters.
Tourists watched from an overpass across Las Vegas Boulevard on Wednesday as workers wearing red union shirts were led one-by-one into a large white police bus. Metro Police Captain Todd Fasulo says 98 protesters were arrested.
Workers have been in contract talks with Cosmopolitan Las Vegas owner Deutsche Bank for two years.
The Culinary Union earlier this year held two one-day pickets outside the casino, which is next to the Bellagio resort.
Cosmopolitan spokeswoman Amy Rossetti says management is continuing to negotiate with labor to "find a fair agreement."
las vegas, protest, national/world
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 30 min ago
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion 50 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 24 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 30 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 5 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 23 min ago
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Police ID man killed in shooting that led to standoff 2 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 5 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
50 min ago