98 arrested in union protest on Las Vegas Strip
LAS VEGAS (AP) - March 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Throngs of workers blocked traffic on the Las Vegas Strip in a demonstration against the Cosmopolitan casino that has ended with the arrest of nearly 100 protesters.
Tourists watched from an overpass across Las Vegas Boulevard on Wednesday as workers wearing red union shirts were led one-by-one into a large white police bus. Metro Police Captain Todd Fasulo says 98 protesters were arrested.
Workers have been in contract talks with Cosmopolitan Las Vegas owner Deutsche Bank for two years.
The Culinary Union earlier this year held two one-day pickets outside the casino, which is next to the Bellagio resort.
Cosmopolitan spokeswoman Amy Rossetti says management is continuing to negotiate with labor to "find a fair agreement."
las vegas, protest, national/world
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding 36 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 33 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 31 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 27 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp. 32 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 26 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
31 min ago
- Search continues for robbers in armored car...
33 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's...
36 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
29 min ago