Acura recalling TSX sedans for corrosion
TORRANCE, Calif. (AP) - March 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Honda Motor Co.'s luxury Acura brand is recalling 76,000 TSX sedans in 22 cold-weather states because corrosion could cause them to stall.
TSX sedans from the 2004 through 2008 model years are included in the recall.
Acura says that in places where road salt is heavily used, salt and water can saturate the carpet under the dashboard that covers the vehicle's electrical control unit. Salty water can corrode the metal case that houses the electrical unit. If that corrosion damages the wiring in the unit, the vehicle may stall.
Acura says no crashes or injuries related to the problem have been reported.
Acura will notify owners about the recall next month. The company will install a water-resistant cover over the electrical unit at no charge.
Owners of these vehicles can call your dealership or call 1-800-382-2238.
honda, recall, national/world
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 34 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay 2 min ago
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast 18 min ago
- US Airways, American merger complete 23 min ago
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations 37 min ago
- Obama heading to South Africa 13 min ago
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot 40 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
34 min ago
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being...
40 min ago