NC father kills son, 10, while cleaning gun
FAIRMONT, N.C. (AP) - March 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a 10-year-old boy was killed in North Carolina when he was shot by his father while the parent cleaned a shotgun.
Robeson County deputies say 34-year-old Christopher Stanlane was on the couch in his Fairmont home wiping down the gun around 4 p.m. Sunday when it fired.
Investigators say the boy was sitting in front of his father watching television and was struck in the head. Paramedic declared him dead at the home.
No charges have been filed, and deputies are still investigating the shooting.
child death, north carolina, shooting, national/world
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police try to ID mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 15 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China 40 min ago
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
6 min ago