SC woman stabs man, throws fake leg in yard, police say
GREENWOOD, S.C. (AP) - March 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a South Carolina woman stabbed her boyfriend, then threw his prosthetic leg in the yard to prevent him from chasing her.
Greenwood police say 48-year-old Michelle Thomas called them Monday night and said she grabbed a knife and stabbed her boyfriend after he hit her.
Thomas said she swung the knife at him, then pulled off his prosthetic leg and tossed it and a spare leg out the door before calling police.
Authorities say the boyfriend told them Thomas had attacked him for no reason. He was treated at a hospital for cuts to his hands and leg.
Thomas has been charged with aggravated criminal domestic violence and has been released from jail. She declined to comment on her case Wednesday when reached by phone.
south carolina, stabbing, national/world
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy 10 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police shoot at suspected carjacker in SW Philadelphia 17 min ago
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
10 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos