Pope Francis celebrates Holy Thursday
VATICAN - March 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Pope Francis commemorates Holy Thursday with mass at St. Peter's Basilica.
Holy Thursday commemorates Jesus' last supper with the apostles before he was crucified.
Pope Francis will break from tradition this Holy week.
Today is Maundy Thursday which refers to the washing of feet, which Christ did on this day with his disciples.
Instead of washing the feet of priest, Pope Francis will show humility by washing the feet of teens, at a juvenile detention center in Rome.
pope francis, vatican, national/world
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia 34 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
34 min ago