Pope Francis celebrates Holy Thursday
VATICAN - March 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- Pope Francis commemorates Holy Thursday with mass at St. Peter's Basilica.
Holy Thursday commemorates Jesus' last supper with the apostles before he was crucified.
Pope Francis will break from tradition this Holy week.
Today is Maundy Thursday which refers to the washing of feet, which Christ did on this day with his disciples.
Instead of washing the feet of priest, Pope Francis will show humility by washing the feet of teens, at a juvenile detention center in Rome.
pope francis, vatican, national/world
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela 53 min ago
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'