Man stabs woman 54 times, drops TV on her head
SAGINAW, Mich. (AP) - March 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man authorities say killed a woman by stabbing her 54 times and dropping a TV on her head in southeastern Michigan has been convicted of first-degree murder, torture and other charges.
MLive.com reports that a jury in Saginaw County Circuit Court deliberated for less than 15 minutes Wednesday before convicting 21-year-old Lashon Hollman. He faces a mandatory term of life in prison without the chance of parole when sentenced May 9.
Hollman was charged in the slaying of 27-year-old Cassandra Nelson, whose body was found Feb. 2, 2012, in a Saginaw home.
Hollman lowered his head and cried as he listened to the verdict. Defense lawyer Matthew Frey has said there were "unexplainable details that don't make sense" in the case.
michigan, stabbing, national/world
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend! 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro 33 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Suspect sketch in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 49 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
35 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos