Man stabs woman 54 times, drops TV on her head
SAGINAW, Mich. (AP) - March 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man authorities say killed a woman by stabbing her 54 times and dropping a TV on her head in southeastern Michigan has been convicted of first-degree murder, torture and other charges.
MLive.com reports that a jury in Saginaw County Circuit Court deliberated for less than 15 minutes Wednesday before convicting 21-year-old Lashon Hollman. He faces a mandatory term of life in prison without the chance of parole when sentenced May 9.
Hollman was charged in the slaying of 27-year-old Cassandra Nelson, whose body was found Feb. 2, 2012, in a Saginaw home.
Hollman lowered his head and cried as he listened to the verdict. Defense lawyer Matthew Frey has said there were "unexplainable details that don't make sense" in the case.
michigan, stabbing, national/world
- Skydiver dies after Washington Twp. accident 2 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver dies after Washington Twp. accident
2 min ago