Man stabs woman 54 times, drops TV on her head
SAGINAW, Mich. (AP) - March 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man authorities say killed a woman by stabbing her 54 times and dropping a TV on her head in southeastern Michigan has been convicted of first-degree murder, torture and other charges.
MLive.com reports that a jury in Saginaw County Circuit Court deliberated for less than 15 minutes Wednesday before convicting 21-year-old Lashon Hollman. He faces a mandatory term of life in prison without the chance of parole when sentenced May 9.
Hollman was charged in the slaying of 27-year-old Cassandra Nelson, whose body was found Feb. 2, 2012, in a Saginaw home.
Hollman lowered his head and cried as he listened to the verdict. Defense lawyer Matthew Frey has said there were "unexplainable details that don't make sense" in the case.
michigan, stabbing, national/world
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from Colorado high school shooting 30 min ago
- 2-alarm house fire in Blackwood, NJ 26 min ago
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Kansas airport worker arrested in car bomb plot 21 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million