Wrong-way driver crashes into van, killing 4 in FL
HALLANDALE BEACH, Fla. (AP) - April 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Four people have died in a wrong-way crash on Interstate 95 in South Florida south of Fort Lauderdale.
The Florida Highway Patrol says the crash happened early Wednesday. They say police were pursuing a sport utility vehicle when it headed northbound in the interstate's southbound lanes.
Officials say the SUV crashed into a minivan at Hallandale Beach Boulevard, killing all four occupants.
The Florida Highway Patrol says the driver of the SUV was taken to the hospital with two broken legs.
Opa-locka police spokesman David Chiverton says officers had stopped pursuing the SUV before it got onto I-95.
The Broward Sheriff's Office says all southbound lanes of I-95 were shut down while an investigation continued.
accident, florida, national/world
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 40 min ago
- Wet to Wintry 12 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela 53 min ago
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings 21 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News 33 min ago
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home 31 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Police raid alleged chop shop in South Philadelphia 32 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
40 min ago
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen...
31 min ago