Georgia school to hold segregated proms
WILCOX COUNTY, Georgia - April 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- If you thought racial segregation was a thing of the past here in the United States, sadly, that is not so.
Four students from Wilcox County High School in south Georgia do everything together, except for prom.
The school has separate dances - one for white students, and one for everyone else.
The senior class is now raising money to pay for an integrated prom, without the help of school officials.
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 3 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 24 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
3 min ago