Nebraska girl dies from ATV crash injuries
MALCOLM, Neb. (AP) - April 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- The family of a 13-year-old Nebraska girl says she has died from injuries after her hair got caught in the engine of an ATV.
Emma Kringle's family said in a statement through Lincoln's Bryan West hospital that she died Monday. The Lincoln Journal Star reports that Lancaster County Sheriff Terry Wagner says Emma had been on life support so her organs could be harvested. Doctors determined Saturday night that she was brain dead.
The accident occurred Saturday afternoon while Emma was driving the three-wheeled ATV near Branched Oak Lake northwest of Lincoln. The ATV crashed when her ponytail got tangled in the engine.
She was riding with her 9-year-old cousin. Wagner says both girls were wearing helmets.
Emma Kringle lived with her family on the southeast side of Lincoln.
Information from: Lincoln Journal Star, http://www.journalstar.com
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos