Nebraska girl dies from ATV crash injuries
MALCOLM, Neb. (AP) - April 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- The family of a 13-year-old Nebraska girl says she has died from injuries after her hair got caught in the engine of an ATV.
Emma Kringle's family said in a statement through Lincoln's Bryan West hospital that she died Monday. The Lincoln Journal Star reports that Lancaster County Sheriff Terry Wagner says Emma had been on life support so her organs could be harvested. Doctors determined Saturday night that she was brain dead.
The accident occurred Saturday afternoon while Emma was driving the three-wheeled ATV near Branched Oak Lake northwest of Lincoln. The ATV crashed when her ponytail got tangled in the engine.
She was riding with her 9-year-old cousin. Wagner says both girls were wearing helmets.
Emma Kringle lived with her family on the southeast side of Lincoln.
Information from: Lincoln Journal Star, http://www.journalstar.com
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 54 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom 22 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine