Florida toddler run over by lawnmower
PALM HARBOR, Fla. - April 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a Florida man accidently ran over his 2-year-old daughter with a riding lawn mower in the Tampa Bay area.
Officials say 47-year-old Jeremiah Nugent was cutting grass Wednesday at his Palm Harbor home and about to park the mower in his garage when he thought his wife was alerting him that he was about to drive over something. The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office says the man responded by putting the mower in reverse, running over his daughter.
The man immediately turned off the mower, and the woman called 911.
Authorities say the child's feet were severed at the ankles. Her left hand was injured but intact. She was taken to Tampa General Hospital, and her condition was unavailable Thursday.
Firefighters say they treated both parents for hysteria.
florida, accident, national/world
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 23 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus 44 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013