Florida toddler run over by lawnmower
PALM HARBOR, Fla. - April 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a Florida man accidently ran over his 2-year-old daughter with a riding lawn mower in the Tampa Bay area.
Officials say 47-year-old Jeremiah Nugent was cutting grass Wednesday at his Palm Harbor home and about to park the mower in his garage when he thought his wife was alerting him that he was about to drive over something. The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office says the man responded by putting the mower in reverse, running over his daughter.
The man immediately turned off the mower, and the woman called 911.
Authorities say the child's feet were severed at the ankles. Her left hand was injured but intact. She was taken to Tampa General Hospital, and her condition was unavailable Thursday.
Firefighters say they treated both parents for hysteria.
florida, accident, national/world
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike 4 min ago
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains 55 min ago
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water 17 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 2 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 15 min ago
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg 41 min ago
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak 48 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare 56 min ago
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
4 min ago
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA...
55 min ago
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated...
17 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
18 min ago