NC A&T lockdown lifted after report of armed man
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) - April 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- North Carolina A&T State University has lifted a lockdown imposed after reports of a man with a rifle on campus.
The university updated its website Friday afternoon to advise students and staff that the lockdown was no longer in effect.
Prior to the lockdown being lifted, A&T spokeswoman Nettie Rowland said no shots had been fired and that police had a description of the suspect.
The historically black college has more than 10,000 students and more than 2,000 employees. Rowland said it also hosts scores of Guilford County high school students who attend an on-campus high school focused on math, science and technology.
north carolina, national/world
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash 21 min ago
- Temps Soar 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 24 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 39 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 41 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 31 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar
37 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle...
21 min ago