Jenna Bush Hager gives birth to 1st child, Mila
DALLAS (AP) - April 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Former President George W. Bush has become a grandfather.
His twin daughter Jenna Bush Hager gave birth to her first child, a daughter, on Saturday night in New York City.
The former president announced the birth in a statement Sunday. The baby's name is Margaret Laura "Mila" Hager.
Jenna Bush Hager is a contributing correspondent for the "Today" show. She's married to Henry Hager.
The former president says the baby was named for her grandmothers.
He says he and former first lady Laura Bush met their "beautiful granddaughter today," adding, "Jenna and Mila are healthy. And our family is elated."
This is a big month for the family. The George W. Bush Presidential Center will be dedicated April 25 on the campus of Southern Methodist University in Dallas.
texas, george w bush, national/world
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay 14 min ago
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast 30 min ago
- US Airways, American merger complete 35 min ago
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations 49 min ago
- Obama heading to South Africa 25 min ago
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot 52 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
5 min ago
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being...
52 min ago